5. As our partnership with the Argenta Garden folks moves forward, the paving stones from what used to be their garden have moved over to our side of the street. A number of Argenta Boosters and neighborhood folks showed up Sunday to start putting them in place, but there are a LOT of stone. If you have an hour or so this week during the day or in the evening to move a few stones, it will be appreciated. We’ll be lining the gleaning beds (the L-shaped beds that run around the garden) with the stones. The picture below shows a three-stone wall, but the gleaning beds will only need to be two stones high, juxtaposing the stones as pictured. If just 20 people come and spend an hour this week moving some stones, we will make a lot of progress toward an even better garden for 2015.
4. If moving stones seems a little daunting, then come help with basic garden clean-up this Saturday. Coffee and donuts will be there at 9:30 a.m. and the real work begins at 10. Be sure and bring some work gloves. Sign up HERE.
3. We do a lot of mission/outreach at First Pres. If you would like to help shape what those efforts look like, plan to join Cathy Frye and Joseph Yancey after Sunday School on Sunday to help start a new mission team that will serve to lead our congregation in mission/outreach efforts.
2. Call and check on someone you haven’t seen at church in a few weeks.
1. Sign up to set up a Good Friday prayer station following our Maundy Thursday service. Materials will be provided. We just need a little labor. Bonus: come by and walk the stations on Good Friday. Bring kids of all ages. Each station will feature a prayer activity as well as a play activity.