People Get Ready
So, here we are. Halfway to Christmas, and some of us don’t feel ready at all–in any way, shape or form.
Here are some things you can do today to prepare your hearts and minds for the coming of Christ. They aren’t Biblical (or even traditional), but any one of them can help get you in the right place for what and who is to come.
1. Call someone who has made a difference in your life and thank them.
2. Check on someone who lives alone
3. Make lunch plans with a friend you have been meaning to catch up with
4. Buy a package (or two or three) of socks and take them to your local homeless ministry
5. Take five minutes to sit still and be quiet
6. Sing your favorite Christmas song in your car on the way to work
7. Take a moment to write down what you want FOR someone you love this Christmas. Make that a daily prayer from now until Christmas
8. Skip the sweet treats today and drink lots of water instead.
9. Remembering that it was animals who first witnessed the birth of Jesus, take a bag of food by your local animal shelter.
10. Invite someone to attend Christmas Eve service at your church.